Acquisition of datasystems is a project, which phases go usually as follows:
- Recognition of the need
- Considering how to respond to the need
- Preliminary defining the product to be acquired
- Reserving (too little) cash for budget
- Starting the trade
- Seller promises – buyer believes
- Closing a deal
- Installing a product and training the users
- Wondering, what be just bought
- Arguing with the seller until noticing what the contract really says and ending up to be a payer
- Buying the missing parts
- Getting the system into productive use
- Paying for the maintainance of the system
- Being dissatisfied with the purchasing project, which costed a lot of money and took too much time
Buying a datasystem with the assistance of Comistar works much more effective. We prepare a practical plan and close the project effectively.
The phases of the purchase project:
- Planning of the project is done together with you and we take care that you will know the contents of the plan and effects on your business.
- The plan is usually appropriate to be made for few years.
- The long-term plan is divided into intermediate goals for example according to calendar or business areas.
- If needed, we consider the utilizing of the data system separately relative to each of your company´s business process:
- How can I make this better, more cost-efficient, faster and more automated using information technology?
- How can I serve my customers and partners better bu utilizing information technology?
- How can I separate myself from the competitors by untilizing information technology?
- How do the changes affect on my recent way of working?
- Assuring, that the old and the new programs and devices are compatible with each others.
- Mapping the risks and costs.
- Assuring, that the budget is adequate for purchase.
- Planning the necessary actions for the introduction of the new system (training of the personnel etc.).
- Allowing sufficiently time for the introduction of the new application and finnishing the process.
- Being satisfied with the project realized with expertise.